Call of Duty and the 7 SAF Core Values
My brother got me to play Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare yesterday. Although I played only the opening mission, I came to understand something which I had failed to fully grasp during my 2 years 4 months term of service.
Care For Soldiers
After achieving the first objective, the ship was bombed and EVACUATE is the priority. Initially all the soldiers were knocked to the ground and the protagonist had to be helped up by his commander. Later on, while evacuating to the helicopter, the protagonist would have fallen into the sea if not for the commander who helped him.
Seeing things from the first person perspective (associated, rather than dissociated - third person - perspective) is really very dramatic. In the storyline, the player's leader (Captain Price) is killed at some point in the mission and there are quite a few 'memorial' fan-made videos on YouTube...
No comments:
Post a Comment