2008 in retrospect
Time flies and 2008 has come to an end. This year is especially significant as it's my last full year as an undergraduate.
If I were to sum up this year with acronyms, they would be these: VIP, FYP, NYAA, F1, NDP.
VIP
This gave me a good picture of how an engineering job is like and what to expect. This gave me a very good grasp of what I should look for in engineering job (e.g. more towards the project management aspect)
FYP
Finally the pinnacle of any undergrad's experience... :)
NYAA
Finally, this year, it's done and I received my Gold award from the President. This was pretty challenging to me considering that there was no one to guide me apart from the NYAA office itself. NUS was not willing to support me. Anyway, I bit the bullet and got it done and now, may there be others to follow in my footsteps.
F1 & NDP (St John committments)
This year I was involved in NDP and F1 as one of the first aiders, of which was a wonderful experience.
Next year holds even greater things in store for me. I'll have served 12 years in St John (and receive a long service medal to boot). And most importantly, that will be the year I step into the workforce.
It will have a whole new set of challenges but that is what life is about isn't it?
No comments:
Post a Comment