The Two Organisations Meet
Today was The Other Organisation's Annual Event preview and they approached The Organisation for first aid coverage. By sheer coincidence it was my school which sent ppl to help... and requested for officers to help too. After some hesitation I stepped forward...
It was a mistake to wear the uniform of The Organisation there... because my friends from The Other Organisation recognised me and were pretty surprised. I had half a mind to pretend to be my twin brother but decided against it, after all same name tag? I should have just worn a neutral T shirt (like a normal white polo tee) then at least, ppl from either Organisation will have felt that I was there on the premise of their Organisation. Now the people from The Other Organisation all know about it, and they also probably know that I did not grow up in The Other Organisation... anyway
I had a short chat with a few of my friends from The Other Organisation today and found that currently, they are experiencing a bit of disarray due to some movement at 'the top'. I have not been involved in The Other Organisation HQ activities for very long (after SYFOC), moreover that was the period that I was reappointed to a more active position in The Organisation...
So now, what done is done, I wore the uniform of The Organisation at an event of The Other Organisation. Pretty much takes the cake eh? But I guess most of my friends from either Organisation are pretty cool about it. It's just that I would have preferred not to let the cat out of the bag, but anyway..:D
I still wonder in the end if I will continue long in The Other Organisation as it seems that there are a lot of changes taking place now. But anyway, The Organisation also experiencing a lot of changes... haiz... Guess I just continue what I am doing and concentrate on what is important for me now...
On a totally unrelated note, UniSIM currently has courses for working adults, where they can just take additional courses in their spare time to upgrade themselves towards a degree. I wonder if it would be possible for me to enroll in UniSIM after i graduate, and work on a Masters or even a PhD 'own time, own target'?
After all i really admire those who go back to university when they are already in their middle age, to study alongside people young enough to be their children. They really embody the spirit of 'huo dao lao, xue dao lao' (Chinese translation: Lifelong learning.)
I have a list of courses in mind which I hope to attend to upgrade my knowledge, some pertaining to my training in The Organisation. Time now does not permit, and I regret not making use of my time serving The Nation to take these courses... but anyway, it's never too late to start planning. Anyway, my time serving The Nation has brought to me some intanglible benefits, not to mention a few relevant courses.
No comments:
Post a Comment