A Response to Anon
I guess it's really a big step of faith to trust in God for His provision and for results isn't it? For me, I find myself not being able to commit to such a great step of faith. The fear of failure is holding me back and I don't like it a single bit. Especially when the suffix (Hons) is under threat. I know that as long as the (Hons) is still there, even if it's a 2-2 or even a 3, i am still a honours degree holder and will at least have a better standing in the job market as a honours degree holder, even if i don't have the prestige a good honours confers on me.
so you say i need a push in the right direction. problem is that i don't know what the right direction is now. My studying method for example. I don't DOTA, I don't have a girlfriend, I don't participate that actively in hall... yet people who do all three are performing. Why? Because although i studied HARD, i have failed to study SMART. And now I am at a loss as to how i should study as i do not know what the RIGHT way to study is. Likewise for my life. You are right in saying i need a breakthrough. *shrug* you are right indeed, in all areas, because I don't like where I am standing now a single bit. But where to? Definitely continuing to use my old methods which have failed are not the way. And I am hesitant to use a new method when i do not know if it will work... The price of screwing up this sem is really too high to pay..
2 comments:
well, try to find people "smarter" than you in terms of grades and study together with them. another thing you can do is to visit your lecturers privately and regularly in their offices for tutoring. I know typical response from singaporeans will be "no way, my lecturer is so busy, got time meh..?", but trust me, try that out and you'll find yourself.
Perhaps the issue is not how much time we have, or how many things we have on hand, but what battles we choose to fight. Sometimes i think you are taking too many things upon yourself, concerning yourself with a great deal of worry and other effects that are rather far off. There are things that needn't be done, and there are burdens that we create for ourselves, ironically only to want them to be off once we put them on.
Introspection only helps if you can see yourself objectively, and through God's eyes.
Post a Comment