Friday, March 23, 2007

Some thoughts about the Organisation

I received a note earlier today that I have been nominated to attend this interview that may see the addition of another 20 grams on my epulatte..a black cloth behind my collar lapel...

Somehow, after 10 years of serving the Organisation, and seeing my juniors rise through the ranks and are now same rank as me, I have grown ambivalent towards such things. Perhaps I have taken the cue from my senior, who despite involving in so many activities has chosen to stay put where he is and not move up. This I salute him, and it will take me some time to get used to being the same rank as him (if the interview is successful) as i always view him as my senior no matter what. And I will continue to address him as Sir. However, knowing the situation as it is, I do not wish to make any predictions as nothing is confimed until the rank is finally put onto my epulatte during the presentation ceremony. (EDIT: and I was darned right)

In coming so far, my success would not be possible without two people. You, who has seen me from the time when I was an impetuous sec 4 cadet and when I had to be reined in and told off to avoid making a fool out of myself. And you, who have silently always been there supporting the Corps, and filling in the gaps where I have missed out, while at the same time not compromising on your academics. I salute you both.

No comments: