Sunday, May 22, 2005

ORD.. big deal?

I realise that a couple weeks after ORD, it doesn't seem to be that much a big deal anymore.

To all the NSFs out there whose greatest aim in life is to ORD... treasure your 2 years in there. Granted, life in there is 'siong' but then again also quite carefree.. Food is provided (in most camps.. and i know its sucky most of the time but hey, it's FREE!) and we also have an allowance we get every month without fail, rain or shine.

Compare that to civilian life.. you're on your own man... it's taken just a few weeks for the reality to sink in. Instead of an allowance of $440 per month, I am now having to make do with $0. To those who say look for temp jobs.... so are the 1000s of students having vacation and the other ORD personnel also job hunting.

Tuition is still a good option but i have to learn back the stuff i forgot during the past 2 yr 4 mths.. :P

I miss the times talking cock with my buddies in the canteen / office while boss is not around.

I miss the times doing ops room duty and talking cock with the DO or warrant.

I miss the times when boss would 'blanja' us makan or when Mess would have functions and we would get called down to help finish up the food...

But there are a lot of things I DO NOT miss about the SAF though.

I DO NOT miss getting f*ck for no rhyme or reason for things that are not my fault.

I DO NOT miss getting last minute arrows shot at 5:20pm when i am about to pack up and go back.

I DO NOT miss being treated like the lowest lifeform in the SAF, when i am already a CPL but because there are no LCPs or PTEs around, so LL have to take the sh*t.

And my pet peeve... I DO NOT miss having NSF 2LTs or 3SGs trying to throw their rank around, especially when I never had the chance to go through BMT and SIT test to prove whether I could have been one myself. (And hey, in my unit, what is a 2LT in a sea of majors and colonels? What is a 3SG in a sea of warrants? wake up your idea lah..)

And there are a lot other things that i DO NOT miss about the SAF which i still think that i am glad to be out of there.

No comments: