On Raffles Hall JCRC Elections
The elections are over and done with and most of us are back to our books, mugging for the exams. As it's an individual nomination, we've had a President and Vice-President from both 'teams'. Good or bad, for the time being it's too early to say - but I hope that both are able to have a good working relationship in time to come.
After the exams the potential secretaries will have three months to think and mull it over. I will categorically state at this point that i am considering it, but at this point it is too early to say anything.
At this point I must express my thanks to Junda, Kah Yat and Ying Ting for having the courage to put themselves forward and stand for this election. Especially for Ying Ting whom, knowing it'll be an uphill battle, still stood forward. Even despite people posting disparaging comments on his tag-board (under the mask of anonymity). This resident has the passion for hall, just needs a bit more time and experience, do not be disheartened... I'll be looking forward to seeing him run again next year, or even later this year for one of the secretaries.
Likewise for Junda and Kah Yat who have also stepped forward and put themselves up for election. Hope you are not disheartened by this result... Both have passion for hall and hope they will also continue to contribute to hall as one of the secretaries.
Finally for the successful candidates, Keith and Fu Qi. Having known Keith for quite while (and more or less know Fu Qi, being in her block) I hope to have a good working relationship with both of them in time to come, in whichever capacity I finally assume.
Will take some time to think of some stuff for hall and etc... but that can wait. Now, time to 'clutch in' and shift to the next higher gear ... for exams. I have twelve days left. Supposed to be in fifth gear now but I am still somewhere below there. But I'm not so concerned about the outcome, just going to do the best I know how to, and trust God above all else.
No comments:
Post a Comment