Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Corporal First Class rank


I discovered yesterday that the SAF has introduced the rank of Corporal First Class. It's supposed to be for deserving Corporals who are unable to be promoted to 3SG due to estab requirements.

All I can say is why didn't they introduce this rank earlier? I wonder if I would have been able to be one... I was kind of disenchanted with the system whereby an NSF with A level/Diplomas would be promoted to CPL irrespective of his performance. Granted, with better performance he will get the CPL rank earlier, but the end state is that everyone ORDs as CPL (if the estab does not permit them to hold 3SG).

And plus, I hear the pay for a CFC is $500... (green eyes)...

Wonder if I can still become one! CFC(NS)? Based on my 'Very Good' COS... But then again, if that means being given a key appointment and having to come back more often i rather not...

3 comments:

Gabriel Wu said...

cool :D

chillycraps said...

wah lao, first they scrape the private first class, now they introduce the corporal first class...

matthew said...

actually, PFC IS still around... i saw some NSFs from 6 SIR with that rank.

CFC... haiz. But i would rather have gotten 3SG or something... But civilian beats it all! Yeah!