Volunteer Fatigue?
Recently certain events have transpired in the organisation which I am serving as a volunteer which made me think about the real reason why I am doing all these. And I am not alone...
After reading the newspaper articles recently about a few volunteer organisations and the skeletons in the closet.. I couldn't help but wonder if there are skeletons on our closet as well, a time bomb waiting to explode?
Moreover, our niche is slowly but surely being enroached on by other independent, even government supported organisations.
Where do we see ourselves in 10 years' time?
The 'people up there' have to renew their mentality or else 1. the 'people down there' will vote with their feet and 2. more importantly, other organisations with more renewed mentality will take over our niches.
Disclaimer: Any resemblance to anything or anyone dead or alive is purely coincidental.
No comments:
Post a Comment