LAST PAPER
Fluid mechanics paper tomorrow! One of the most feared papers by ME2 students... but, i guess with sufficient preparation, it is okay...
Anyway, I can't help but feel that I've been misunderstood in my previous post with regards to a certain contentious issue. to set the record straight:
i have nothing against RJC students, or GEPs, but what I do have against is the high-and-mighty attitude displayed by a few. Such as the one who made the news recently with her now so famous quote, reproduced on my tagboard by some anonymous prankster.
I like to use this analogy to bridge. Not contract bridge, but the watered-down version known as 'floating' bridge since this is played so widely in Raffles Hall. Not everyone is dealt with a good hand of cards. Some have all the aces, some don't and are just 1 point short of 'washing'. But as they say, it's not about having good cards, but about winning with any (even lousy) cards.
And of course, the guess work involved in guessing the partner...
I won't claim that i have had aces, nor kings for the matter. I shall not expound on this. But i am trying to make the most of it now. To study the best I can, do the best I can in my examinations, and hopefully graduate with a 2nd upper degree.
And to quote a friend of mine 'try not to do anything which you might regret later' which really struck a chord in my heart.
Regrets? I have a whole list of them, and I'm sure everyone has, but I will carry them to my grave.
With regard to regrets, people say, move on. Don't live in the past. I say, Yes, hell, i'm trying, but it's not as easy as it seems. But i'm trying.
I would like to thank a few of my peers who came forward with an alternative view towards this issue. :)
I would like to say more, but no time for that. Time to do more practice on fluids before the final showdown tomorrow.
I'll be back...
No comments:
Post a Comment