Monday, September 11, 2006

Sep 11. 5 years on.

5 years ago today were the events that shook the world.

They made us realise how fragile the world situation is, and how such a superpower as the US can be so easily compromised.

That day, life was never the same again. I remember that day, I woke up to see an SMS from my friend about it. When I reached school, teachers and students alike were talking about it. The mood was sombre. No one knew what would happen next.

5 years on, Iraq has been invaded, Saddam Hussein has been captured, Osama bin Laden remains at large, and bombings have taken place in Madrid, London, Bali and claimed hundreds of lives...

We do not know what tomorrow brings... and therefore we must treasure our lives, what we have, the people around us whom we love and care for. These are the things that truly matter...

As we read this, let's observe one minute silence for the thousands who lost their lives in 9/11, Bali, Madrid, London...

God rest their souls.

No comments: